When used in the directed manner, this unit has been designed and manufactured to ensure your personal safety.
However, improper use can result in potential electrical shock or fire hazards. Please read all safety and operating
instructions carefully before installation and use, and keep these instructions handy for future reference. Take special
note of all warnings listed in these instructions and on the unit.
1. Water and Moisture – The unit should not be used near water. For example: near a bathtub, washbowl,
kitchen sink, laundry tub, swimming pool or in a wet basement.
2. Ventilation – The unit should be situated so that its location or position does not interfere with its proper
ventilation. For example, it should not be situated on a bed, sofa, rug or similar surface that may block ventilation
openings. Also, it should not be placed in a built-in installation, such as a bookcase or cabinet, which may
impede the flow of air through the ventilation openings.
3. Heat – The unit should be situated away from heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves or other
appliances (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
4. Power Sources – The unit should be connected to a power supply only of the type described in the operating
instructions or as marked on the appliance.
5. Power-Cable Protection – Power supply cables should be routed so that they are not likely to be walked
on or pinched by items placed upon or against them. It is always best to have a clear area from where the
cable exits the unit to where it is plugged into an AC socket.
6. Cleaning – The unit should be cleaned only as recommended. See the Maintenance section of this manual
for cleaning instructions.
7. Objects and Liquid Entry – Care should be taken so that objects do not fall and liquids are not spilled into
any openings or vents located on the product.
8. Attachments – Do not use attachments not recommended by the product manufacturer.
9. Lightning and Power Surge Protection – Unplug the unit from the wall socket and disconnect the antenna
or cable system during a lightning storm or when it is left unattended and unused for long periods of time.
This will prevent damage to the product due to lightning and power-line surges.
10. Overloading – Do not overload wall sockets, extension cords, or integral convenience receptacles as this
can result in a risk of fire or electric shock.
11. Damage Requiring Service – The unit should be serviced by qualified service personnel when:
A. the power supply cable or plug has been damaged.
B. objects have fallen into or liquid has been spilled into the enclosure.
C. the unit has been exposed to rain.
D. the unit has been dropped or the enclosure damaged.
E. the unit exhibits a marked change in performance or does not operate normally.
12. Periods of Nonuse – If the unit is to be left unused for an extended period of time, such as a month or
longer, the power cable should be unplugged from the unit to prevent damage or corrosion.
13. Servicing – The user should not attempt to service the unit beyond those methods described in the user’s
operating instructions. Service methods not covered in the operating instructions should be referred to
qualified service personnel.
QUESTIONS? Visit www.ekids.com
• Place the unit on a level surface away from sources of direct sunlight or excessive heat.
• Protect your furniture when placing your unit on a natural wood and lacquered finish. A
cloth or other protective material should be placed between it and the furniture.
• Clean your unit with a soft cloth moistened only with mild soap and water. Stronger cleaning
agents, such as Benzene, thinner or similar materials can damage the surface of the unit.
Using the mini speaker
Thank you for purchasing the mini speaker. This product is designed to
provide years of trouble free audio performance. Please read these
instructions carefully for proper operation and save for future referfence.
Connecting the mini speaker
• Connect the micro-USB plug to the audio/charge input jack on the mini
• Connect the stereo 3.5mm audio plug to the headphone jack or
line-out of any audio device.
• Slide the Power Switch of the mini speaker to the ON position. The
blue power light will come on.
• Press play on your audio device and adjust its volume to listen to
• If you wish to “daisy chain” speakers, connect the 3.5mm audio plug
to the Line Out Jack on product that is already connected to an audio
source (see above) and the micro-USB plug to the audio input jack on
another mini speaker. Turn on second speaker by sliding Power
Switch to ON.
• When you are done listening, turn the speaker OFF to conserve
Note: The larger USB plug is used for charging only, not for audio.
Please refer to next section for charging instructions.
Charging the mini speaker
The unit is powered by a rechargeable battery in the mini speaker. When
the blue power light dims, or if you start to notice sound distortion at higher
volumes, it's time to recharge the battery.
• Connect the larger USB plug to a powered USB port, such as that on
a computer. The light on the speaker will turn to red while charging and
turn blue when fully charged.
Note: You can continue to listen to the speaker while it is charging
This equipment complies with the limits for a Class B digital device as specified in Part 15 of FCC Rules. These limits provide reasonable
protection against radio and TV interference in a residential area.
However, your equipment might cause TV or radio interference even when it is operating properly. To eliminate interference you can
try one or more of the following corrective measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the distance between the equipment and the radio or TV.
• Use outlets on different electrical circuits for the equipment and the radio or TV.
• Consult your dealer or an experienced radio/television technician if the problem still exists.
Modifying or tampering with your system’s internal components can cause a malfunction and might invalidate the system’s warranty
and void your FCC authorization to operate it.
This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
Cet appareil numérique de la classe B est conforme à la norme NMB-003 du Canada.
Read before proceeding
If you have any question reagarding the operation or use of this product, please vist www.ihomeaudio.com to view answers to frequently asked
To learn more about this and other iHome products, please visit us online at www.ihomeaudio.com
For Models That Use Lithium Batteries:
• Lithium batteries can explode or cause burns if disassembled, shorted, recharged, exposed to water, fire, or high temperatures & not handled
• Do not place loose batteries in a pocket, purse, or other container containing metal objects, do not mix with used or other battery types, or
store with hazardous or combustible materials.
• Store in cool, dry, ventilated area.
• Follow applicable laws and regulations for transport and disposal.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules, operation is subject to the following two
conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must
accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Note: When not in use, turn speaker off to save battery power
This device uses an internal rechargeable Lithium-ion battery that should last the
lifetime of the device. If you suspect your battery may be dead, try charging it several
times. If the battery does not recharge, please contact us for repair information. Please
do NOT attempt to change the battery yourself. If the battery has died and you do not
want us to replace your battery, you should follow the disposal instructions below.
WARNING/DISPOSAL OF UNIT
• Never dispose of used batteries/electronics with ordinary solid wastes, since they
contain toxic substances.
• Always dispose of used batteries/electronics in accordance with the prevailing
community regulations that apply to the disposal of batteries/electronics. If there are
no local regulations concerning battery/electronics disposal, please dispose of the
device in a waste bin for electronic devices.
• Many electronics retailers now recycle batteries and other electronic components at
no charge. Check to see which ones in your area do so.
Caution: The battery used in this device may present a risk of fire, explosion
or chemical burn if mistreated
Unit shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire, or the like. Do not
use or charge the battery if it appears to be leaking, discolored, deformed, or in any way
abnormal. Do not leave your battery discharged or unused for extended periods of
time. When batteries are misused, they may explode or leak, causing burns and
personal injury. If your battery leaks, use normal precaution and discard the unit
Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery
Connect To Audio Input Source
QUESTIONS? Visit www.ekids.com
DA-M63 IB English Front
324Wmm x 125Hmm
Print in 1C+1C Black color
feb 16, 2012
changed to micro-USB
Charging the mini speaker
Brug for hjælp?
Antal spørgsmål: 0
Har du et spørgsmål om KIDdesigns DF-M63 eller har du brug for hjælp? Stil dit spørgsmål her. Giv en klar og omfattende beskrivelse af problemet og dit spørgsmål. Jo flere oplysninger du giver om dit problem og dit spørgsmål, jo lettere er det for andre KIDdesigns DF-M63 ejere at svare korrekt på dit spørgsmål.
Se manualen til KIDdesigns DF-M63 her gratis. Denne vejledning hører under kategorien Cradle & Dockingstationer og er blevet bedømt af 1 personer med et gennemsnit på en 8.9. Denne manual er tilgængelig på følgende sprog: Engelsk. Har du et spørgsmål om KIDdesigns DF-M63 eller har du brug for hjælp?