Quick Start Guide
Attention: Use only the included cables with your Aegis Portable. You might
damage the drive if you use a cable not included with the Aegis Portable.
In the rare case that the Aegis Portable
does not power up on a single USB
connection, the included USB Y-cable may
be required (pictured right). Simply plug the
two Y-cable USB connectors into the two
USB ports on your notebook, connect the
Aegis Portable, and the drive will power.
Powering the Aegis Portable
using the USB Y-cable
• Aegis Portable
• Travel pouch
Connecting your Aegis Portable
Aegis Portable 3.0
• USB Y-Cable
1. Ensure your computer’s power is turned on.
2. Plug the Aegis Portable USB 3.0 cable into an open USB port on your computer
(for fastest speeds you must be connected to a USB 3.0 port on your computer).
3. The New Hardware Found message may appear briey on your computer screen.
4. The Aegis Portable drive icon will appear
in My Computer for Windows or on the
Desktop for Mac.
5. Your Aegis Portable is now ready for use.